Blast and Ballistic Doors
Blast resistant doors
- Concrete filled steel envelope blast doors
- Filled with concrete after the door and frame are installed in the rough opening
- 600 pound dry weight goes up to 1,700 pounds of steel and concrete after filling
- Massive bronze bearing hinges with grease zerks keep the opening force down around 20 pounds
- Rotating cam latches draw the door into the frame, evenly compressing the NBC door seal
- Excellent ballistic resistance – 7.62 NATO ball makes it about half way through
- Many options – assault resistant cam latches, wide angle viewer, differential pressure gauge, and more!
- And see our line of custom UFC-03-340-02 certified plate steel doors on AmericanBlastDoor.com
American Safe Room manufactures these engineered blast doors in both single leaf and double leaf. We also manufacture plate steel ballistic doors. Scroll down to see all of them:
50 PSI blast load rating, bolt on or pour-in-place. A steel envelope that you fill with four inches of bullet and torch resistant concrete that you pour into the open top after the door is installed on the wall. Many options are available like viewers, differential pressure gauges, deadbolt locks, and assault resistant cam latches.
50 PSI blast load rating, bolt on or pour-in-place. Just like our single leaf blast door, only wider – up to 8 feet wide so you can get a vehicle through. A steel envelope that you fill with four inches of bullet and torch resistant concrete that you pour into the open top after the door is installed on the wall. Many options are available like viewers, hasp assemblies, and assault resistant cam latches.
American Safe Room manufactures these plate steel pre-hung ballistic doors that are engineered to protect your shelter from threats up to 7.62 NATO ball (UL 752, level 8). They feature a 3/8 inch plate of high pressure ballistic steel welded to a square tubing frame to ensure that the plate stays flat. We use the same heavy duty machined steel hardware used on our concrete filled doors – massive hinges and secure cam latches that pull the door leaf into the frame and compress the door seal.
Options include wide angle viewers and a gun port.
Double Leaf Sliding Ballistic Door
This is a bullet resistant garage door. Please contact us for price and details.
Custom Engineered Blast Doors
We’ve placed a lot of these doors in industrial applications: chemical plants, foundries, ordnance storage magazines, ordnance testing ranges, refuge chambers, and even a rhinoceros enclosure at a zoo. See this page on our dedicated blast door website for a list of these doors.
If you have an application that needs to protect from, or to contain a detonation, please contact us.