Blast and Ballistic Doors
Blast resistant doors
- Concrete filled steel envelope blast doors
- Filled with concrete after the door and frame are installed in the rough opening
- 600 pound dry weight goes up to 1,700 pounds of steel and concrete after filling
- Massive bronze bearing hinges with grease zerks keep the opening force down around 20 pounds
- Rotating cam latches draw the door into the frame, evenly compressing the NBC door seal
- Excellent ballistic resistance – 7.62 NATO ball makes it about half way through
- Many options – assault resistant cam latches, wide angle viewer, differential pressure gauge, and more!
- And see our line of custom UFC-03-340-02 certified plate steel doors on AmericanBlastDoor.com
American Safe Room manufactures these engineered blast doors in both single leaf and double leaf. We also manufacture plate steel ballistic doors. Scroll down to see all of them:
50 PSI blast load rating, bolt on or pour-in-place. A steel envelope that you fill with four inches of bullet and torch resistant concrete that you pour into the open top after the door is installed on the wall. Many options are available like viewers, differential pressure gauges, deadbolt locks, and assault resistant cam latches.
50 PSI blast load rating, bolt on or pour-in-place. Just like our single leaf blast door, only wider – up to 8 feet wide so you can get a vehicle through. A steel envelope that you fill with four inches of bullet and torch resistant concrete that you pour into the open top after the door is installed on the wall. Many options are available like viewers, hasp assemblies, and assault resistant cam latches.
This is our response to the ornamental vault style doors being marketed for safe rooms. It features three rotating cam latches that are slaved together and operated by one lever. The encrypted keypad on the outside is connected to a deadbolt on the inside that is mounted on a rotating hard plate. This lockworks is mounted on our concrete filled blast door leaf. The ballistic rating is UL 752 level 8 (7.62 NATO ball makes it about half way through), it cannot be cut with a torch, and it is engineer certified to withstand a 50 PSI blast pressure event!
Double Leaf Sliding Ballistic Door
This is a bullet resistant garage door. Please contact us for price and details.
Custom Engineered Blast Doors
We’ve placed a lot of these doors in industrial applications: chemical plants, foundries, ordnance storage magazines, ordnance testing ranges, refuge chambers, and even a rhinoceros enclosure at a zoo. See this page on our dedicated blast door website for a list of these doors.
If you have an application that needs to protect from, or to contain a detonation, please contact us.